With tasting rooms, restaurants, and shops all within walking distance, Carlton makes a perfect day trip for multiple wine tasting stops. Wine Tasting: Carlton Day Trip from examiner.com provides a healthy itinerary for a full day of wine tasting fun in Carlton, Oregon. Below is a list of recommended stops.
- For a classic American diner menu: Henry’s Diner, open Friday to Monday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- For baked goods with fresh Pacific NW ingredients: Carlton Bakery, open Tuesday to Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Carlton Cellars “for a number of refreshing whites [and] a gamut of Pinot noirs from light and pretty to robust and tannic.”
- Ken Wright Cellars “…which has been making Oregon wine since the early 1980’s.”
- The Horse Radish
- Farmer’s Plate and Pantry
- Barrel 47
More Tasting Rooms
- Omero Cellars “…a boutique winery sampling Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, rosé of Pinot noir and Pinot noirs ranging from broad Willamette Valley blends to single vineyard designates.”
- De Ponte “…the real stand out is their Melon de Bourgogne.
- Carlton Winemaker’s Studio “…has the added bonus of many winemakers and different styles under one roof.”
- Cana’s Feast “…shows off some Italian varietals and a diverting bocci ball course.”
- Cuvée “…for a fancier dining experience.”
- Barrel 47 “…offers pub fare and great beer taps.”