Champoeg Creamery will be hosting their annual summer camp, welcoming young boys and girls to connect with their farm and animals. Children will experience new things on the farm under mentor guidance, building their confidence and learning to take risks. Idyllic Champoeg is an amazing place to recreate life on a working farm, as campers immerse themselves in tasks such as bottle feeding the calf, collecting and washing eggs, riding horses, milking a cow, feeding the pigs, and even making ice cream!
Farm Camp happens for two weeks this year, with the same schedule for both weeks. First up – June 23-27 and July 14-18th, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Monday thru Friday and is limited to 20 campers each week. Read more information about the camp here.
- Daily – Bottle feed the baby calves and collect eggs
- Monday – Learn all about and hold chickens, turkeys, and help care for the baby chicks
- Tuesday – Care for and milk the cows, then use the milk to help make yogurt, butter, cream cheese and ice cream!
- Wednesday – Spend the day learning about, caring for and riding our horses, Ches, Gus and Jack
- Thursday – Make mozzarella cheese. Visit our “Pig Palace” and learn about and help care for the pigs
- Friday – Learn about the importance of “living” soil, honeybees, ride horses again. Friday lunch, campers will make pizza from the mozzarella they made from the cow’s milk, and re-visit all the animals.