Comprised of a collection of small towns, Yamhill Valley is brimming with opportunities to experience the good life. Yamhill Valley is authentic Oregon. A place where the good life is cultivated every day. Where world-class wineries dot the verdant rolling hills, and roadside farm stands intersect with bicycle brigades. Where historic main streets meet urban-style bistros. Where imagination still takes flight and you’re never too old to stay and play.
Yamhill Valley has activities for all ages. There are delicious restaurants for the foodies, a sea of Oregon Pinot noir for wine lovers, and even hot air balloon rides for the adventurous. If you are looking for something to do on a family vacation, bring children to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum to explore the universe and take a dip in the water-park! For those of you who want to make an unforgettable trip with your special someone, book a room amid vineyards and the beautiful Willamette Valley.
No matter how old you are or what you want to do, Yamhill Valley has unique experiences and adventures just waiting to be had.
Maps of Wineries and Tasting Rooms by Area
AVA = American Viticultural Area; a defined geographical location
- Chehalem Mountains AVA
- Dundee Hills AVA
- Eola-Amity AVA
- McMinnvile AVA
- Ribbon Ridge AVA
- Yamhill-Carlton AVA
- With 100,255 people, Yamhill County is the 10th most populated county in the state of Oregon out of 36 counties.
- In 2010, the median household income of Yamhill County residents was $52,485.
- The median age for Yamhill County residents is 36.8 years young.
- The largest Yamhill County racial/ethnic groups are White (79.1%) followed by Hispanic (14.7%) and Two or more races (2.4%).
- Land area in square miles in Yamhill County as of 2010 = 715.86
- Number of persons per square mile in Yamhill County as of 2010 = 138.6
- Yamhill Valley contains all six of Oregon’s major AVAs for growing vineyards; Chehalem Mountains, Dundee Hills, Eola-Amity, McMinnvile, Ribbon Ridge and Yamhill-Carlton.
- More than 80 wineries and 200 vineyards are represented in the valley.
- Yamhill County has the largest area of any Oregon county planted with vineyards.
- Yamhill County has a total area of 718 square miles (1,861 km²), made of 716 square miles (1,853 km²) of land and 7 km² (3 sq mi) (0.39%) of water.
- The cities included in Yamhill Valley are Amity, Carlton, Dayton, Dundee, Lafayette, McMinnville, Newberg, Sheridan, Willamina and Yamhill.